We love recycling leftover craft supplies! So put those last bits of yarn to good use (variegated yarn looks especially cool).
- Cut out any shape you like out of stiff cardboard (doesn’t need to be corrugated), simpler shapes work better
- Create small cuts all along the edge of your cardboard (the yarn will slot into these)
- Secure one end of your yarn/thread with a small piece of tape
- Begin to wrap your over yarn in a pattern or go wild!
- Once you’ve near the end of your yarn tying it off, at this point you can create a hanging loop for display
Note: for younger children pre-cut your shapes and slots
Tori uses this string art as a metaphor for the web of creation, but it could also be made into an Epiphany star, spider’s web, or Christmas ornament.
Types of play/skills: creative, fine motor (scissor skills, wrapping, tying)